problem with exim

hikaro

Nov 22, 2005
i have problem with my pop3 / imap when using outlook to check the mail, it never happen before it just suddenly happen today, i have no idea because i didnt set anything inside but the problem comes.
when i try to get email i keep getting that it asks the mail password anda when i put the mail password it keep saying that wrong password, when i stop it i get this error message
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'mydomain.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot find a valid mailbox for lord', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
anyone has experience with it? as i really didnt change any setting but the problem comes, please do share with me if you know it.
sorry for my bad english and i hope you understand it :)
thank you

webignition

Jan 22, 2005
You might encounter such errors if your server is using courier/maildir and, for some odd reason, courier pop is not running and cppop is instead.

I found something like this happened one time when I restarted pop via WHM.

If you should be using courier/maildir, try running:

/scripts/courierup --force

hikaro

Nov 22, 2005
wow thanks webignition for your fast reply and i tried running /scripts/courierup --force and everything fixed!! :)

thanks alot

moxy

Registered
May 11, 2006
Wow!

Forgive my enthusisasm - but this is the first script I have ever run via SSH. I have been trying to figure out this problem for two days on a new install.

I read this post and thought - I don't really understand what it means but - go for it.

I just about fell out of my chair when my Outlook express was able to connect to the server.

webignition: a huge thanks. Not entirely sure what I just did - but it worked!!

Cheers

moxy

Registered
May 11, 2006
Forgive the second post - but this also seemed to fix my webmail functions, which were not working...

trato

Oct 16, 2004
I did do it but continues giving error!

'-ERR Authentication failed (bad password?)'